[Twisted-Python] Re: Disabling PB (de)serialization

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Sat Sep 3 16:51:02 EDT 2005

>> if you don't want to go as low level as to rewrite a custom serialization
>> protocol for pb, why don't you use two channels, like in good old ftp?
>> One for control, and the other for data?

> That's what I did for my application -- I had a similar need, so I set
> up another protocol to listen on another port, use the control channel
> (PB) to coordinate the connections, generate random tokens to provide
> some means of verifying that the connecting client is who I think it is,
> and so on.

You had to serialize and deserialize data manually anyway. What did you
use? The array module? Pickle? Banana?

> It works quite well, but it certainly would be sweet if PB had the
> ability to, say, declare certain methods to send and receive raw
> data only.

Some methods should be asymmetric: some should serialize only, and others
deserialize only, if I'm not mistaken.

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

There is no question that traditional approaches for acute traumas
(heart attack, stroke, accidents, etc.) are valuable and should not
be abandoned. However, overall, when drugs and surgery are used to
address chronic illness, it is generally a prescription for disaster.
 -- Dr. J. Mercola, July 2005