[Twisted-Python] Re: Disabling PB (de)serialization

Stefano Masini stefano at pragma2000.com
Fri Sep 2 01:10:22 EDT 2005

On 9/1/05, Nicola Larosa <nico at teknico.net> wrote:
> You hit the nail on the head. The proxies are meant to channel remote calls
> for a number of source and destination processes, and the final destination
> is designated via call parameters.
>
> The question is, how? :-)

If the business data is not a lot larger than the routing control
data, you may well leave everything as it is, because you already need
some unavoidable serialization/deserialization steps.
If, on the other hand, there is a high ratio, saving the
deserialization step for the business data could help. For that, if
you don't want to go as low level as to rewrite a custom serialization
protocol for pb, why don't you use two channels, like in good old ftp?
One for control, and the other for data? The latter would be a simple
socket, and you would chain each of those channels together until you
route to the final destination. At that point the end systems would be
able to speak whatever they want (pb, for example) over that
multi-proxied channel.

... but I do realize this is not quite a simple solution either! ;)

stefano