[Twisted-Python] Re: Disabling PB (de)serialization

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Thu Sep 1 12:05:22 EDT 2005

>> Only the first serialization, and last deserialization, are really
>> necessary. The chain should become like this:
>>
>> TP1 -ser-|--> PX1 --||--> PX2 --|-deser-> TP2
>>
>> TP1 serializes, and TP2 deserializes. PX should deal with the serialized
>> data without changing them in any way.
>>
>> What's the best way to go for this?

> I would say just proxy at the socket level...
> ....but maybe you want to make routing decisions? Basing on, say, the
> name of the method being called? Or some parameters of the call?
> In that case there's not much you can do I think, because both method
> name and parameters are part of the serialized data in the pb
> protocol.

You hit the nail on the head. The proxies are meant to channel remote calls
for a number of source and destination processes, and the final destination
is designated via call parameters.

In TP1, the business data should be serialized, and wrapped in an outer
layer, containing the destination coordinates. PX1 and PX2 should be able
to only unwrap and deserialize the outer layer only, while trasparently
forwarding the serialized business data.

The question is, how? :-)

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

There is no question that traditional approaches for acute traumas
(heart attack, stroke, accidents, etc.) are valuable and should not
be abandoned. However, overall, when drugs and surgery are used to
address chronic illness, it is generally a prescription for disaster.
 -- Dr. J. Mercola, July 2005