[Twisted-Python] Re: Disabling PB (de)serialization

Stefano Masini stefano at pragma2000.com
Thu Sep 1 11:35:50 EDT 2005

On 9/1/05, Nicola Larosa <nico at teknico.net> wrote:
> Only the first serialization, and last deserialization, are really
> necessary. The chain should become like this:
>
> TP1 -ser-|--> PX1 --||--> PX2 --|-deser-> TP2
>
> TP1 serializes, and TP2 deserializes. PX should deal with the serialized
> data without changing them in any way.
>
> What's the best way to go for this?

I would say just proxy at the socket level...
...but maybe you want to make routing decisions? Basing on, say, the
name of the method being called? Or some parameters of the call?
In that case there's not much you can do I think, because both method
name and parameters are part of the serialized data in the pb
protocol.

ciao,
stefano