[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r14922 - Fix to replace a lambda with something that's safe in the scope when it's

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Thu Oct 27 10:17:30 EDT 2005

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:45:59 -0600, Matt Goodall
> <mg at wolfwood.twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Author: mg
>> Date: Thu Oct 27 03:45:58 2005
>> New Revision: 14922
>>
>> Modified:
>>   sandbox/mg/laxdb.py
>> Log:
>> Fix to replace a lambda with something that's safe in the scope when it's
>> actually executed .... just in case anyone else is actually using this
>> thing.
>>

> Note that this changes the behavior from constructing Failure instances
> in the reactor thread to creating them in a worker thread.

Yes, very true. Thanks for raising it. Does it matter in this case?

All the the args passed to Failure are worked out in the thread and I
think that means Failure's __init__ does basically nothing. Did I miss
something?

Thanks, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.