separate trial release (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Twisted Jabber

Jonathan Lange jml at
Thu Oct 27 02:25:07 EDT 2005

On 27/10/05, glyph at <glyph at> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:52:37 +1100, Jonathan Lange <jml at> wrote:
> >On 27/10/05, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at> wrote:
> > (...) the reactor stuff is going in TestCase.
> I believe I've lodged a disagreement with you before about this.  If you really think it's best I'll trust your judgement more than mine, since you're certainly doing a bang-up job getting trial into useful shape, but I'll still try to convince you :).
> The reactor should be started by the command-line tool and stopped after all tests are done.

My judgement is suspended for the moment.  My own opinion is that we
should bang Trial into a unittest shape first (because that is the
closest non-Cthulhain shape to what is currently there).

Only once that's done do I want to start thinking about how best to
re-gut Trial so that it treats the reactor with the decorum it
deserves.  In the interim, unittest compatibility is simply a cool

> Are there any such third-party extensions which have value?

subunit and testresource are two.  I'm told datatest (see, link at bottom 404s) is