[Twisted-Python] Twisted Jabber mailinglist

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Oct 24 07:46:01 EDT 2005

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> As an example of this, Twisted Matrix Labs' experience with distributing
> libraries has been, to put it politely, poor.  Aside from .xish, whose
> function was mainly to complicate t.words releases and installations,
> our other two libraries are .pair and .flow, both of which are pretty
> much useless to everyone but their respective authors and currently
> unmaintained.

I fully expect twisted.pair to not release again without major changes.
I feel the biggest reason it needed to be split from twisted.core was to
give it a way to die.

I will pick up twisted.pair (whether with that name or something else,
whether as part of twisted or not) only when I get back to writing some
DHCP code. Which is not likely to happen soon. Anyone suffering too
badly from ISC, feel free to sponsor the work.