[Twisted-Python] testing my application

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl
Thu Oct 20 11:22:23 EDT 2005

> Continuing replying to myself, the test seems  to work even
> too well. In fact it insist on succeeding. For instance when I
> changed sql command to some rubbish, the test still succeeds.
> For example this test is raported as succesfully executed
>
>     def testSomething(self):
>         d = self.dbpool.runQuery("RUBBISH SELECT BLAH BLAH")
>         return d
>
> I had to miss something. But ... what?

As one more attempt I just ugraded from twisted 1.3 to twisted
2.0 (= from twisted version present in Debian testing to twisted
version present in Debian unstable).

And now ........ the script which in 1.3 ignored errors but
worked, *hangs(, in exactly the same way in which it used to
hang when I used deferredResult.