[Twisted-Python] Python 2.2 Support

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Oct 11 00:39:12 EDT 2005

So, the previous version of this thread came up with:

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> Should we drop Python 2.2 support in Subversion head for Twisted 2.2?
> - Debian stable now comes with Python 2.3
> - Twisted 2.1 has been released with Python 2.2 support
  - the most commonly used version of Red Hat Enterprise still has
    Python 2.3

> Some bad consequences:
> - People wanting to run Twisted 2.2 (or svn) on ancient versions of
> Python won't be able to.
  - in particular, people wanting to run Twisted 2.2 on RHE will need
    to upgrade to the very latest, less widely used, version

<radix> So, I guess the reason you chose ftp as a discovery protocol is
because it's a semi-ubiquitous anonymous protocol that allows people to
<edsuom> No, because I was stupid