[Twisted-Python] When can I start using web2?

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Wed Oct 5 13:32:26 EDT 2005

> >* Clear migration path from an existing Nevow application.
> >If I have a Nevow site, a set of resources, and an application that
> >revolves around them, and I want to start using web2, where do I
> >start?
>
> You don't, yet. While there is currently a working migration path to
> web2 from web1, the migration path from Nevow is so far nonexistent.
> There will have to be one. "Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone" was
> working on something, but I have not really put any time into it.

Nevow has its own API, why should it even care about the underlying
infrastructure, be it web or web2?

Just port nevow to web2, and then it should work, no? I don't like the
idea that the nevow API will have to change.

Or do you want to make the nevow API obsolete, and if so why and what
was the problem with it? There are existing apps so I think it'd be
quite important not to require changes to applications while moving from
web to web2. Best would be to have a switch in nevow, so the application
can decide if nevow should base itself on top of web or web2 at runtime.

Thanks.