[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r14614 - Describe log.debug, and 'printed' and 'debug' log dict items.

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Oct 3 22:43:51 EDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 05:10:20PM -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 23:17 -0600, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> > Author: spiv
> > Date: Thu Sep 29 23:17:15 2005
> > New Revision: 14614
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/doc/core/howto/logging.xhtml
> > Log:
> > Describe log.debug, and 'printed' and 'debug' log dict items.
>
> log.debug should die, I think. So it probably shouldn't be documented :)

I was also told this by radix on IRC.

I see no deprecation warnings.  I documented it because I noticed a
colleague of mine independently found and used it, and I'd never heard of
it, so I corrected that, because it's clearly part of the public API at the
moment.  If someone who feels confident that they understand the intent of
twisted.python.log well enough wants to stick their neck out and deprecate
debug, please do.  I'm not that person.

I'm not inclined to remove reference to debug from logging.xhtml until it is
actually deprecated.

Corrections and reviews of the logging documentation are most welcome,
though!

-Andrew.