[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r15230 - Merge of jml/trial-deferred-logic -r15183:15229. Resolves #1341.

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Nov 30 00:33:44 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:09:30 +1100, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:

>If you maintain code in Twisted, even nominally, then *now* is the
>time to start cleaning up your tests.

everybody: DO IT.  DO IT NOW.

jml: any particular, tricky tests you want a hand cleaning up?  I will try to put some effort towards this.

>Calls to reactor.iterate,
>util.spinUntil, util.spinWhile and util.wait from within tests cannot
                                                   ^ anywhere
                                                                ^ will not
>be supported if Trial is ever going to behave sanely.[1]  If you are
              ^ period, the end, because Trial *is* going to behave sanely.
>uncertain, check the tracker.

>cheers,
>jml
>
>[1] As I understand it.  I am no reactrologist.

As chief reactrologister I can officially confirm that your understanding is exactly 100% totally and completely correct.  There are no sensible semantics for a re-entrant reactor.