[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r15100 - So I really do want this stuff

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sat Nov 12 09:31:43 EST 2005

On Nov 11, 2005, at 5:11 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> This seems to beg the question:
>>
>>   Why?
>>
>> So, consider it begged :)
>>

> Because I'm going to implement setUpClass using this stuff.
>
> Why?
>
> Because the current implementation is horrible, as discussed.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm confused as to why the
implementation isn't straightforward, something along the lines of
the following:

for each module to test:
   for each class that is a subclass of TestCase in module:
     testCase = class()
     testCase.setUpClass()
     for each method in testCase:
       testCase.setUp()
       testCase.method()
       testCase.tearDown()
     testCase.tearDownClass()

Now I now it has to be somewhat more complicated, due to error
handling, deferred handling, suppress, etc, but it does seem like
that would be the outline...can it not be?

James