[Twisted-Python] Re: IRC: getting auth of a user

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Nov 7 05:22:46 EST 2005

Kai Schulte <twisted at kampinada.de> writes:

> Thanks, I hope I can get a closer look tonight and adapt it somehow. ;)

Good luck :)

> But after a short overview I fear I have to rewrite my bot completely.
> Since the bot is very simple, I didn`t even used any defers, etc.

Well, it's not that hard, IMHO.  I went through the same thing with my
bot.  And it's pretty much unavoidable -- what did you expect your bot
to be doing while it waited for the whois answer to come back?

48. The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in
    Wonderland"; but that's because it's the best book on
    anything for the layman.