[Twisted-Python] Win32 installers of Twisted 2.1?

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 05:04:12 EST 2005

On 10/19/05, Cory Dodt <corydodt at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Win32 requires a "sumo" package to be built.  Because I don't have the tools
> to build one, I'm waiting for that to happen.  As soon as it does there will
> be a win32 installer.
>
> (This is how it usually goes.  Just be patient.  Thanks!)
>
> There is no plan to change the policy of always having a windows installer.

I just did a Twisted 2.1.0 + others sumo tarball, and it's available
on the site (might take 15 minutes for it to get mirrored to our
download site). The format of the tarball has changed: it no longer
looks anything like an SVN checkout, but instead contains each project
in a subdirectory which is identical to an extracted tarball of the
given subproject. setup.py works as it used to, but had to be changed
as well to work with the new format.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |