[Twisted-Python] wxpython, threadselectreactor and thread

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Tue May 31 12:58:22 EDT 2005

Michele Petrazzo wrote:

> 1) Sometime then I open and close my application I receive this
> error:
>
> Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method
> Thread.__bootstrap of <Thread(Thread-1, stopped daemon)>> Traceback
> (most recent call last): File "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line
> 451, in __bootstrap self.__stop() File
> "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line 460, in __stop
> self.__block.notifyAll() File "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line
> 256, in notifyAll self.notify(len(self.__waiters)) File
> "C:\Python23\lib\threading.py", line 238, in notify currentThread() #
> for side-effect TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

After a lot of tries, I see that this problem, depend on _sendToMain
method of ThreadedSelectReactor class.

If I put a simple try: SomeCode except: print 'exception on
_sendToMain', I see that I have no more errors, but only a simple print.

I don't know why this error occur, but I hope that this little hack can
help the developers.

Michele