[Twisted-Python] wxpython, threadselectreactor and thread

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Tue May 31 07:17:29 EDT 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On May 30, 2005, at 5:35 AM, Michele Petrazzo wrote:
>
>> I have a wxpython application that work with twsited 2.0 on win and
>> linux. In these days I'm "porting" it from twisted 1.3 to 2.0 +
>> threadselectreactor, but not all work well.
>> Into my application I use:
>> callLater
>> threads.deferToThread with some addCallBack
>

> This example segfaults on Mac OS X (python 2.4.1, twisted svn,  wxPython
> 2.6).  I'm going to blame wxPython unless you can prove that
> threadedselectreactor has some weird interaction with threads in an
> otherwise sane environment.  Are you sure that it's allowed to create
> frames in a separate thread like that?
>
> -bob

You are right, on my linux-box I receive a:
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x4a2)!
Xlib: sequence lost (0x104a2 > 0x4e8) in reply type 0x0!

But on win it work, sorry!

My first problem leave, so sometime, but I don't understand when, on
both of my systems (win, lin), I receive e thread error (the first
question on my first mail).

If someone want try my application, for reproduce the problem, I can
publish it on a web site. It's only a little problem: it's an hylafax
client, so for work you must have a hylafax server.

Thanks,
Michele