[Twisted-Python] generating and handling events

theshz theshz at gmail.com
Thu May 26 02:37:50 EDT 2005

Hi, from the documentation I could only find examples where the events are
related more to Deferred, i.e., a method call that may take sometime. I'm a
little confused about the difference between this and the "traditional" kind
of event handling. Are they the same with just different terminology? By
"traditional", I mean that in part of the code, I generate an event, say a
"step 1 finished event", somewhere else there is a handler waiting for this
event. The reactor is responsible for dispatching this event to that
handler, which hopefull starts step 2. Or even more, like publish-subscribe:
multiple handers can register for the same event. In other words, these
events are generated internally, not necessarily by such delays like
network, file access, or user input. Is this doable in Twisted?

Thanks.

Z.