[Twisted-Python] epoll reactor

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon May 23 09:23:20 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 22:08:43 +1000, James Bunton <james at delx.cjb.net> wrote:
>Well, I got it to work properly now :)
>
>http://msn-transport.jabberstudio.org/tarballs/epoll-0.2.tar.gz
>
>It's now uses the epoll edge triggered flag, and doesn't chew 99% CPU like
>the first one accidentally did.

  Neat.  There has been a level-triggered epoll reactor in my sandbox for some time, but I was never able to get the edge triggered version to work.

  Hmm, running the Twisted test suite with this version doesn't do too well either.  A few tests fail here and there before it gets totally wedged on
twisted.test.test_pb.ConnectionTestCase.testIdentityConnector.

  You can try this yourself by adding an entry for this reactor to the dictionary at the top of twisted.application.app, then running "trial -R -r epoll twisted", where "epoll" is the key you add to that dict.

  Jp