[Twisted-Python] Alarm collection and display system?

Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de
Fri May 20 14:54:57 EDT 2005

>Let me restate the problem (in an oversimplified way, sorry about that)
> - the ability for disparate systems scattered across the network to
>push messages to interested consumers distributed across the network
>in a (near) real-time fashion.

I thought about using chat clients (IRC, twisted.words or the like) for that purpose, so that...
- all error "producers" can just send messages to an chat server
- all interested users just start their chat client
- different workflows (= different interested people) could just use different channels ("rooms")
- someone who will handle a problem could just type "I'll handle that", avoiding several people jumping without knowing of each other
- people who aren't at work don't get flooded with error mails (like we have it today)

Perhaps one must enhance a chat software to handle special messages in a special way.

Best regards,
Henning Hraban Ramm
Südkurier Medienhaus / MediaPro
Support/Admin/Development Dept.