[Twisted-Python] Re: Hanging test cases (Was: Evangelism notes...)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Thu May 12 00:57:00 EDT 2005

Grant Baillie wrote:

> It might also be nice to add some kind of warning to the __doc__
> strings for the 3 methods in question. There are caveats in wait()'s
> doc, but they weren't sufficient to scare me away, for one :).

I apologize for the lack of enthusiasm of those warnings.  The
unfortunate problem is that currently _all_ of trial is subtly broken,
so there is nothing that we could suggest as a decent alternative, and
thus can only deprecate so hard :-(.

The recent rewrite at least allows for returning Deferreds, which is
what the future public API will eventually look like, but all it does
when you return a Deferred is call wait() on it.  (JP got me up to speed
  today on some bugs that are unique to returning Deferreds in this way,
actually...)