[Twisted-Python] Twisted on Mac OS X 10.4

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon May 9 17:22:42 EDT 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Max server wrote:

> I tried installing it on a 10.4 Server and got the following
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 20, in ?
>     from twisted import copyright
>   File "./twisted/__init__.py", line 21, in ?
>     raise ImportError, "you need zope.interface installed
> (http://zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface/)"
> ImportError: you need zope.interface installed
> (http://zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface/)
>
> Then I downloaded ZopeInterface 3.0.1 from
> http://zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface/ and tried to install it but
> had the following error -of course xcode 2 is installed-

That's an issue you should bring up with the zope.interface guys.  It
sounds like it's not compatible with gcc4 and/or the headers in
Tiger.  You can install a version that was built on Panther (i.e.
from http://pythonmac.org/packages/) or you can try switching your
compiler to gcc 3.3 with "sudo gcc_select 3.3" before building
zope.interface.

-bob