[Twisted-Python] Evangelism notes...

Eugene Coetzee projects at reedflute.com
Sun May 8 12:38:54 EDT 2005

Andrew Bennetts wrote:

>On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 08:49:36PM +0200, Eugene Coetzee wrote:
>[...]
>

>>I would love to see high level conceptual documentation to give me a
>>better idea of  basic concepts  like the "reactor", "application",
>>"service", "transport","protocol", "factory" - what they are supposed to
>>do and how they are  to fit together.
>>

>The glossary helps address this, although I think most people don't realise
>it's there:
>    http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/glossary.html
>
>I'd be interested to know if you think that helps, and whether you knew
>about it and had read it before.

No - I didn't read it before and there is no excuse for that :-)

It certainly helps, although it may be a bit minimalistic.

>I agree that a nice overview (with a diagram or two) would help.

Certainly.

I also find the "howto's" useful in attempting to explaining the design
philosphy in a haphazard way - but there are a lot of thing that could
better be explained in a more complete, systematic and elaborate overview.

regards,

Eugene Coetzee

Web                 -> www.reedflute.com