[Twisted-Python] Evangelism notes...

Norm Petterson njp at njp.us
Wed May 4 22:50:32 EDT 2005

Darran Edmundson wrote:

> P.S.  Of course a paper book would also do wonders ...

+1 here...

I carry Alex Martelli's Python in a Nutshell around with me every day.
Alex, if you're listening, how about a book on Twisted?

Several books introduce Twisted positively (e.g., Goerzen's recent
Foundations of Python Network Programming), but the lack of a complete
print reference has made me a little hesitant to emphasize my reliance
on it in recent customer projects. Heck, I have enough trouble
convincing my customers that Python is supportable (e.g., "we're a
Microsoft shop here..."), so I hide my use of Twisted in the packaging.
Thanks again, Cory, for ntsvc...

Keep up the good work,

Norm