[Twisted-Python] dbus + twisted

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon May 2 08:56:17 EDT 2005

So I've got a version of the client-side that seems to work fine checked into
the sandbox/anthony/dbus directory. It's a bit messier than I'd like because
of the design of the current bindings for dbus-python - I'll follow up with
the dbus maintainers to figure out a better way to make it work. There's a
version of the example client and server modified to work with t_i_dbus.py
in the sandbox. Next up: test cases and docs.

Get it from:
svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Twisted/sandbox/anthony/dbus

I'm open to ideas on how to distribute this - as a separate project? It seems
to me like twisted.dbus is one place for it, or else twisted.internet.dbus?

The code works with dbus-0.33 (the current released version) - dbus in CVS
looks like it's being chopped and changed a lot, so it's quite probably not
going to work with that.

Also - currently the code will only work under gtk2reactor - the python dbus
bindings use the glib event loop. It would be nice to make the code event loop
agnostic, but I suspect that would involve a whole pile of new code.

Comments, bug reports, &c welcome.