[Twisted-Python] dbus + twisted

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sun May 1 04:46:46 EDT 2005

So it turns out that the python dbus bindings just use glib - this means
that if you're using gtk2reactor, you can use dbus and it all Just Works.

This is very cool. It would be nice if there was a way to say (in dbus)
"Give me any pending event" in a non-blocking way -- we could then
write something similar to the current wxsupport module and use dbus
from any reactor. I'm not sure that this would be all that easy, as
dbus supplies bindings to other event loops rather than to the raw
network layer - but it's something that's probably worth looking into
further...

Expect to see shtoom getting all dbussed up in the near future. ;)

Anthony