[Twisted-Python] RC's of Win32 installers for 2.0.0

Cory Dodt corydodt at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 30 16:24:58 EST 2005

There's nothing wrong with including the .pyc files per se, except they
increase the footprint a fair amount.  pyc is cross-platform, cross-machine,
etc.  The reason I tried including them is because it makes the install go
faster (no .pyc compile step).  If a significant number of people want a
smaller installer, I'll take them out.

Thanks for the report, glad to hear everything's working for you.

Mike Taylor wrote:
| I just tried the python 2.4 installer and everything seemed to work
| fine - am running trial now to make sure.
| One question I had, you are including the .pyc files it looks like.  I
| had always thought that wasn't a good thing to do - just curious.
| During the un-install it seems that the site-packages\twisted\test
| directory remained - I'm going to test on a completely clean setup
| later to verify that it wasn't something I had left behind.
| thanks,
| ---
| Bear
| http://code-bear.com
| Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
| http://www.osafoundation.org
| PGP Fingerprint = 9996 719F 973D B11B E111  D770 9331 E822 40B3 CD29
| On Mar 30, 2005, at 12:26 PM, Cory Dodt wrote:
| These are to be considered "release candidates".  Testing is required  to
| determine if the installers are good enough to be considered final.
| So please
| try them and report problems. :-)
| This is based on the 2.0.0 final release of Twisted, so the RC
| designation
| only applies to the installers themselves.
| Now available at
| http://twisted.sourceforge.net/Twisted_NoDocs-2.0.0.win32(installer-
| rc1)-py2.3.exe
| and