[Twisted-Python] PyICQ-t and Twisted Was: How to uninstall Twisted 2.0?

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Tue Mar 15 14:03:12 EST 2005

> None of this stuff is in "Twisted Core" any more, however, the chat
> stuff is all in Twisted Words
> (http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/words) and domish is in Twisted
> Xish (http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/xish). This split is to help
> us remain agile in project management / release / development, so I
> urge you not to look on it as a bad thing. Being pulled out of the
> core is probably going to *help* you. And 2.0 is going to be released
> any day now (I was going to release the third prerelease today, but
> ran into a bug. It'll go out tomorrow. The actual release will go out
> shortly afterward).

No no!  I don't look at it as a bad thing at all!  I think it's great!
All I'm saying is I don't want to have to tell people to pull SVN releases
of anything.  Just "pull X official release", even of X official release
is "pull words, core, and XXXXXXX".  I also believe I misunderstood my
original conversation about oscar.py, I ended up thinking that oscar.py
wasn't long for your dists at all.  Dooh!  =)

>> Would it help if I popped in the irc chatroom for a bit to discuss these
>> things 'in person'?
>
> Not a bad idea.

I've popped on there for the time being.  (though my attention isn't
entirely on that screen)

Do you all have any interest in my changes for oscar at some point . . .
or interest in me simply maintaining that particular module?  I have to
beat on it all the time so it's not like I don't have a vested interest in
making it be right.  ;)  No worries if that's not cool.

Daniel