[Twisted-Python] How to uninstall Twisted 2.0?

Ralph Meijer twisted at ralphm.ik.nu
Tue Mar 15 02:50:30 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 05:10:53PM -0500, Daniel Henninger wrote:
> Since it's my application he's referring to, I'll respond.  ;D  Basically,
> it's this:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "main.py", line 23, in ?
>     import xmlconfig
>   File "/usr/local/pyicq-t/src/xmlconfig.py", line 4, in ?
>     from tlib.domish import parseText, Element
>   File "/usr/local/pyicq-t/src/tlib/domish.py", line 425, in ?
>     from twisted.protocols import sux
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted/protocols/sux.py",
> line 6, in ?
>     globals())
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted/python/util.py", line
> 671, in moduleMovedForSplit
>     raise ImportError("You need to have the Twisted %s "
> ImportError: You need to have the Twisted Web package installed to use
> twisted.protocols.sux. See http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/web.

Well, since I know (of) pyicq-t, you might first want to look into the
fact that you have all xish and jabber support (from 1.3, with my personal
patches) in the tlib directory, so you are mixing Twisted 1.3 and 2.0 here.

It might be a good idea to get rid of the stuff, first. All my patches (better
and more) are in Twisted SVN now.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm