[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r13185 - Applied patch from Ralph Meijer for issue 448

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Mon Mar 14 16:09:46 EST 2005

I'll pick on your commit message dizzyd, but this is a general request:

Can people not post log messages like this? It makes it impossible to
write a NEWS file if commits look like this. I cannot go through and
look at every bug report to see what the commit actually did, and I
also cannot go back and read all the svn diffs. That would just take
way too long. Any commits that looked like this I just completely
ignored, which is a shame.

The messages don't need to be excruciatingly detailed, but please
include at least *something* about what the change did, even if it's
completely obvious from the patch, because I'm not looking at the
patches: just the message.

E.g., in this case "Applied patch from Ralph Meijer for issue 448:
fixes digest authentication in Jabber client" would be great.

James