[Twisted-Python] App design / Twisted Logging?

Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de
Mon Mar 14 04:58:20 EST 2005

>It is so darned easy to write your own protocols that there's
>really not much point in reusing like you are attempting to do.
>Here's a simple example:

Thank you VERY much for all the code, explanation, fish and the rest of the universe!

I propose someone put that as a howto onto the twisted site.

There's a log4py already (http://sourceforge.net/projects/log4py, http://www.its4you.at/english/log4py.html), but it never was as complete as the other log4xs and seems abandoned since 2003 in favour of standard logging.

>log4twisted doesn't really require too much.
>For instance, log4python can use the .next() call
>to iterate over log entries (when reading from it). twisted
>code will just
>use this interface (instead of .dumpEntireLog) to sanely read
>the log in chunks.

Would be nice, but the natural way in OSS is "if you need it, write it yourself", and I can't start any more projects - Python is only a secondary scene for me, I'm more involved in publishing (newspaper workflow, InDesign, PostScript, PDF, TeX) and religious stuff (Unitarian magazine editor and webmaster).

Best regards,
Henning Hraban Ramm
Südkurier Medienhaus / MediaPro
Support/Admin/Development Dept.