[Twisted-Python] deferreds and hung connections

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:54:12 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:17:58 -0800 (PST), Lenny G Arbage
<alengarbage at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >     <Deferred #0>
> >     Deferred #0 failed: 'Getting http://google.com
> > took longer than 0.001
> >     seconds.'
> >     >>>

>   Thanks for the pointer, Jp.  I just stumbled on some
> of the threads on the mailing list stretching back to
> as far as 2002 about whether being able to cancel
> Deferreds was a good idea or not.
>
>   So the above solution works.  Where do I catch, or
> otherwise react to, the error printed above?  When the
> Deferred times out, is there a way to inject another
> callback in there ("timeoutcallback"?) so that I can
> do some processing on timeout?

It's just a regular errback. Handle it with d.addErrback(myHandler).

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
w----v----w-+    -- http://hackingsociety.org/chapters/hash