[Twisted-Python] wxreactor and dialog on win xp problem

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Mar 8 09:29:48 EST 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 20:48, Michele Petrazzo wrote:
> I have a problem with wxreactor on win xp.
>
> I insert a ShowModal() of a TextEntryDialog after an event of a button
> in a frame.

wx and Twisted cannot be made to play together nicely - both wxreactor
and wxsupport have issues. In one of them, modals and popups cause
the reactor to block, in the other, you can't get accurate callLater (wx
guarantees "no worse than 1s resolution"). You need to run wx and
twisted in separate threads - wx in the main, twisted in the child thread.

Anthony