[Twisted-Python] PB SturdyRef issue

Bruce Mitchener bruce at cubik.org
Thu Jun 23 16:09:31 MDT 2005

I'm using something similar in style to a pb.SturdyRef and have run
across a problem with it:

While it handles pb.DeadReferenceError, it doesn't handle the
pb.PBConnectionLost that can come back as an errback from the callRemote.

Is there some way that I can juggle deferreds so that the caller can get
the response from the server after I reconnect and re-try like what
happens in the case of pb.DeadReferenceError?

It doesn't seem like I can just attach an errback to the deferred and in
that errback, do a failure.trap(pb.PBConnectionLost) and then do
something to bind a new deferred into the callback chain ...

Is there something that can happen magically by returning a new deferred
from the errback that successfully traps the PBConnectionLost?

Thoughts?

  - Bruce