[Twisted-Python] twisted.web2 0.1.0 released
James Y Knight
foom at fuhm.net
Fri Jun 17 21:40:18 EDT 2005
I'm happy to announce the first release of twisted.web2 today. This
is a rewrite/refactor of the twisted.web HTTP server and framework,
providing a nicer API (some parts inspired by the resource API that
Nevow introduced on top of twisted.web) and many internal
improvements, especially in the area of HTTP conformance.
- Fully asynchronous twisted server.
- Can run as a HTTP/HTTPS server, or behind an apache mod_proxy, or
serve requests via SCGI, or even just plain CGI.
- Supports SCGI clients, CGI scripts, WSGI applications. No new HTTP
client/proxy yet, it's still on the TODO list.
- Also supports most twisted.web resources through a compatibility
- Implements HTTP 1.1, including keep-alive, chunking, and pipelining.
- Has premade, correct, header parsers and generators for most of the
- Supports streaming data input and output, has a nonblocking
- Automatic support for If-[Un]Modified-Since, If-[None-]Match and
You can find downloads and documentation here:
You'll need at least Twisted 2.0.1 as well:
This is still a preliminary release -- the API is not guaranteed to
be stable to the next release.
More information about the Twisted-Python