[Twisted-Python] Setting up OSCAR bot in twisted

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 11:25:45 EDT 2005

> James Bunton wrote:
>> You might want to contact Daniel, the developer of PyAIM-t
>> http://www.blathersource.org for the homepage.
>> He's been doing lots of development with the Oscar module, and you could
>> likely use that version in your own code to take advantage of the
>> bugfixes.
>
> Daniel reads this list, at least according to my archives.  (Hi, Daniel!)
>
> As Paul said elsewhere in this thread, the fix in question should be in
> Twisted 2.0.  However, Daniel, are there other fixes in PyAIM-t that
> haven't been contributed back?  I have a message from 2005/03/15 that
> says that you were going to try to merge PyAIM-t and PyICQ-t, document
> them, put them in twisted, and maintain them... any progress there?

LOL  Called me out   =)

Let me start off by saying, I'm in the process of moving, so my
response/ability to work on things is quite limited for the time being.
That said, yes, I wanted to combine the changes to oscar.py that are done
in PyAIM-t and PyICQ-t and then submit back to Twisted.  I'd be happy to
"be the supporter of" oscar.py in Twisted if you all want, but I don't
want to step on anyone(Paul)'s toes!!  I leave that up to you all.  If
nothing else, I'll try to clean things up and hand the code to Paul.

Daniel