[Twisted-Python] Problem: spawnProcess() never ending when installSignalHandlers=False

Matt Feifarek matt.feifarek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 11:08:12 EDT 2005

On 6/10/05, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
> Register the same SIGCHLD handler twisted does in the main thread, that
> should work (they need to be reentrancy-safe anyway so the fact it's
> called from a different thread is fine). Possibly a more general
> solution could be devised for this, anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.

So this behavior is by design? Again, it DID work before; for the last
year or so, I've been using this code in production on a few servers.

Perhaps a note could be made in the docs that ProcessProtocol doesn't
work in this case.

This will make it pretty hard to integrate into other worlds. I'm not
sure that I can over-ride the signal handling in Webware and register
handlers. Other bits of python libraries might be the same way.

I look forward to any "more general solution" that anyone can come up with!

Would the "twisted way" would be to run the reactor in a different
python process and talk to it via rpc? The problem, of course, is that
the best way to do that on the client end of the rpc is twisted, too!

Thanks again.