[Twisted-Python] Difficulty with twisted.web.client.getPage function

Alan Jern alanjern at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:47:07 EDT 2005

Hey, I'm new to Twisted and I've run into a problem that I can't solve.

I'm trying to write a simple Resource class that fetches a page from a
specified URL and returns it to the browser. I created a class called
MyResource in a .rpy file with the following two member functions:

def print_page (self, html):
        self.rq.write(html)
        self.rq.finish()

def render_GET (self, request):
        self.rq = request
        target = escape(request.args['target'][0])
        getPage(target).addCallback(self.print_page)
        return server.NOT_DONE_YET

When I run this script and send a request, the print_page function is
invoked but the variable 'html' has nothing in it. According to the
API and the examples I saw on the HOWTO section, this looks like it
ought to work. Clearly I'm missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Alan Jern