[Twisted-Python] timers

David Guaraglia dguaraglia at gmx.de
Thu Jul 21 11:49:21 EDT 2005

Andrzej,

I've done something very similar using just one thread for the protocol.
But I'm not really sure this is what you need. What I did was use a
LoopingCall every 2 minutes that would call a method in my protocol's
factory. Everytime I got a new connection (connectionMade event in the
Protocol) I'd append the protocol to a list in the factory, and then I'd
remove it when the protocol is closed.

So the sequence is:

1) add an empty list (connectionsList or whatever) to your factory
2) add "self.factory.connectionsList.append(self)" in connectionMade in
your protocol
3) add "self.factory.connectionsList.remove(self)" in connectionLost in
your protocol
4) add a method that sends your "keep alive" to every connection in
connectionsList in your factory. (for x in self.connectionsList:
x.sendKeepAlive())
5) create a LoopingCall in your factory __init__.

Maybe it's not the best solution, but it worked for me.

David