[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r14171 - Simplify and fix horribly broken deferToThread tests

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Jul 16 13:09:05 EDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:24:23 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 09:04 -0600, Jp Calderone wrote:
>> Author: exarkun
>> Date: Sat Jul 16 09:04:11 2005
>> New Revision: 14171
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/twisted/test/test_threads.py
>> Log:
>> Simplify and fix horribly broken deferToThread tests
>
>This won't catch bugs where the Deferred is never callback()ed.

Trial will eventually give up on the Deferred and fail the test.  It'll take a lot longer than the 1 second it previously took, but I still think it's a good change, since the previous version *always* took the full second (the loop never exited early), and probably wasn't doing threadpool initialization properly.

Jp