[Twisted-Python] Twisted client to access proxy web server

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Jul 13 13:40:28 EDT 2005

The difference is that, normally, when retrieving http://hostA/foo/, you connect to hostA.  When using proxy server hostB to do the same thing, you connect to hostB.

>On 7/13/05, Richard <richard at reticulatus.plus.com> wrote:
>> I've used twisted.web.client.getPage() and downloadPage() to get pages from
>> a web server, but was wondering how to use Twisted to get pages from a proxy
>> web server.
>>
>> Can anyone point me at some example Twisted code for a client to access a
>> proxy-server?

getPage() is a rather limited interface.  It does not support proxy servers.  The classes which it is implemented in terms of may be usable in constructing an API which does support proxy servers (as well as all sorts of other stuff, like connection caching).