[Twisted-Python] need help getting started with Twisted

Stefano Canepa sc at linux.it
Tue Jul 12 17:16:14 EDT 2005

Il giorno lun, 11/07/2005 alle 11.47 -0400, Shimon Rura ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting to work on a new server application, and I think Twisted
> may be a useful platform to build on.  I've been having a hard time
> figuring out where to start, though, as my experience is mostly in
> database-backed web applications and Twisted seems rather large.  I
> found myself wishing there was an O'Reilly book on Twisted, and was
> happy to read the message below on the mailing list.
>
> Abe, is there any way a newbie like me can get (or buy) a pre-print of
> your book?
>
> Can anyone recommend other resources or tutorials for newbies?  The
> documentation on the Twisted website was confusing, in part because
> it's divided into many different projects and I don't know how those
> projects relate or if some of them have been superseded by newer ones.
>
> thanks,
> Shimon Rura

Shimon,
	did you read
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/core/howto/, it's a
little bit hard at start but it's worth reading.

I started using twisted two months ago and I realeasing its first
application based on it.

Bye
Stefano
--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc at linux.it  http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.