[Twisted-Python] twisted.names and multicast DNS

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Mon Jul 11 17:57:40 EDT 2005

On 12 Jul 2005, at 05:57, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Alternatively, if you're using a Mac, it's pretty trivial to just use
> the NSNetService stuff.  You're more or less stuck supporting the OS X
> APIs anyway if you want OS X support, since only one mDNS responder
> can run on a given machine (well, IP address).

You've got me worried now - I've been doing all my testing on this G5
running Panther. I haven't tried serving any mDNS records yet, but I
can certainly watch all the traffic to and from the system-wide mDNS
responder.

If I've got this far, am I going to be OK or do you know of some other
brick-wall I'll hit later on?