[Twisted-Python] twisted.names and multicast DNS

Jason Fritcher fritcher at corp.earthlink.net
Mon Jul 11 14:10:26 EDT 2005

Brian Granger wrote:
> I like this option as Apple's mDNS code is becoming very solid.  Are the
> python bindings you mention available somewhere?  I have thought about
> using mDNS with twisted for a project so any examples you can offer would
> be great.

I'm the one actually writing on the bindings. I'm trying to get
permission from the company to open source them. There isn't anything
proprietary there, but who knows what the legal department will say. :)

Currently, I have a straight through binding that ports the C API into
python. In the near future, I'm going to be overhauling it into an OO
API, and then integrating into Twisted. I'll be back with questions
about Twisted when I get to that point. ;)

--
Jason Fritcher
Software Engineer - Hosting Dev,
fritcher at corp.earthlink.net