[Twisted-Python] ANN: Coil v0.1, a configuration library

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Jul 5 17:32:52 EDT 2005

Coil is a configuration language, inspired by some of SmartFrog's
features (http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/smartfrog/papers.htm), aimed at
Python programs in general and Twisted in particular. Coil will at some
point become twisted.coil and form the basis for a new (but, of course,
completely optional) deployment system for Twisted.

You can download it at:

and read the documentation (also in the tarball) at:

I forgot to add a license file, but it's licensed under same terms as
Twisted itself (i.e. MIT license).

Coil's development was sponsored by my employer, ITA Software (we're
hiring: <http://www.itasoftware.com/careers/>)

Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org>