[Twisted-Python] Event queue in the Python std lib

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sat Jul 2 01:12:59 EDT 2005

On Saturday 02 July 2005 04:55, James Y Knight wrote:
> I would suggest instead that python should distribute a selected set
> of "recommended extras" as part of the installer, which would
> basically be complete 3rd party packages, included just for
> convenience. Twisted core would make a good package to include there,
> as would many others.

I don't think this should be bundled into the base installer.

a: The installer's already up around 10M - adding Twisted
makes it that much larger
b: Shipping it as part of the Official Installer suggests
that Twisted will follow then standard Python release
process, which means you have to worry about deprecations
and the like
c: There will be confusion for users with bugs - do they
submit an entry to the python bug tracker?

But I _would_ like to see asyncore more aggressively deprecated...

Anthony