[Twisted-Python] Any examples of an authenticating XMLRPC server?

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Mon Feb 28 15:56:56 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 14:15 -0500, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
>Stephen Waterbury wrote:
>
>> Critiques or razberries welcomed, as long as they're
>> constructive razberries!  :)
>
>This is extremely illuminating.  The key approach/idea that I was
>missing is this:
>
>    You can create a root web.resource.Resource() and add a child ""
>    that handles all URLs not otherwise matched by a known child.

This is incorrect. A child of "" matches the empty path segment. Most of
the time this is used to handle a URL that ends in a "/" but an empty
segment is also legitimate in the middle of a URL.

For instance, the URL "/foo/bar/" translates to segments of ("foo",
"bar", ""); "/" translates to ("",); "/foo//bar" translates to ("foo",

In Nevow, you handle unmatched children by overriding locateChild(self,
ctx, segments) or, in the case of a rend.Page subclass, providing a
childFactory(self, ctx, name) method.

- Matt