[Twisted-Python] how to stop dataReceived while waiting a deferred to fire?

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Tue Feb 22 12:12:30 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:35:40PM +1100, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> I've filed http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/issue899 so this issue doesn't get
> forgotten.

Thanks a lot!

What the pauseProducing does is fine for my objective of stopping the
client and to restart it from both errback/callback, but what it does is
possibly too aggressive.

On the lines of glyph's email, sometime what could be needed is an
option to _only_ mask the POLLIN, not necessairly all other bitflags, so
that I could still receive a disconnect event.

In some ways it might be good not to get a disconnect during a deferred,
but OTOH the fact it doesn't notice a disconnect, prevents to leave the
pauseProducing enabled for an extended period of time, while I could
really do that in theory (I can't do that or I would lose the disconnect
event with pauseProducing).

But overall this would be an additional (minor) feature, quite
orthogonal with the "hard" approach of pauseProducing. And having the
API of int32/int16 in sync with linereceiver sounds a better approach
for the short term, plus the reentrancy bugfix sounds good to have.

Thanks everyone for the help and sorry for not having much time to
provide unit test.