[Twisted-Python] twisted.enterprise.adbapi and connection pool problem

Michal Chruszcz troll at pld-linux.org
Mon Feb 14 15:50:57 EST 2005

I've noticed a bug(?) or at least misbehaviour in adapi connection pool.
I've got a daemon program which keeps a few connections to PostgreSQL
database and when a client connects and sends some commands it queries the
database and sends back results. Everything works fine, until I restart
PostgreSQL. All commands fail and the only trace I've got is the response
from the database:
FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
before or while processing the request.
Restart was clean, while nobody was connected to the daemon. IMHO it
shouldn't go this way. Is there any solution to this problem? Or maybe I
must take care of myself and try to detect such occurence and recreate
Michal Chruszcz -=- Seen at http://1lo.sanok.pl/~troll/gallery.php