[Twisted-Python] twisted.enterprise.adbapi and connection pool problem

Michal Chruszcz troll at pld-linux.org
Mon Feb 14 15:50:57 EST 2005

Hello,

I've noticed a bug(?) or at least misbehaviour in adapi connection pool.
I've got a daemon program which keeps a few connections to PostgreSQL
database and when a client connects and sends some commands it queries the
database and sends back results. Everything works fine, until I restart
PostgreSQL. All commands fail and the only trace I've got is the response
from the database:
#v+
FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
before or while processing the request.
#v-
Restart was clean, while nobody was connected to the daemon. IMHO it
shouldn't go this way. Is there any solution to this problem? Or maybe I
must take care of myself and try to detect such occurence and recreate
dbpool?
--
Michal Chruszcz -=- Seen at http://1lo.sanok.pl/~troll/gallery.php