[Twisted-Python] Re: plus mode was Re: how winnt fileops work and what to do about it

Paul G paul-lists at perforge.com
Sat Dec 31 18:25:29 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Warner" <warner at lothar.com>
To: "Twisted general discussion" <twisted-python at twistedmatrix.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 5:16 PM
Subject: [Twisted-Python] Re: plus mode was Re: how winnt fileops work and
what to do about it

> Of course, the real fix would be to find a way to let the testing code
> kill
> off any stuck processes, but that'll probably be very windows-specific.

on *nix, we can use os.waitpid() and os.kill(). on windows, we can use win32
api OpenProcess+WaitFor{Single,Multiple}Object[s]() and TerminateProcess.
please keep in mind that killing processes on windows is not safe when they
use dlls..on *nix, this is of course protected against with proper signal
handling.

-p